Valorant, developed by Riot Games, is a highly popular 5v5 tactical-based FPS game that offers thrilling gameplay where players must strategically attack and defend using a variety of weapons and abilities. With only one life per round, quick thinking is crucial to outmaneuver your opponents. Valorant features multiple game modes, including competitive, unranked, deathmatch, and spike rush, each offering unique gameplay experiences. However, some players have encountered issues with downloading or updating Valorant, specifically when the update progress remains stuck at 0 KB. This problem can be quite frustrating, but fear not! In this article, we will explore the causes of this issue and provide effective solutions to fix it.
Understanding the Causes of Valorant Download Stuck at 0%
The most common reason behind the Valorant download getting stuck at 0% is an outdated Windows version or interference from antivirus software. Additionally, certain third-party applications like MSI Afterburner, RivaTuner, or Discord can also impact the download speed.
Troubleshooting Steps to Resolve Valorant Download Stuck at 0%
If you’re facing the issue of Valorant download being stuck at 0%, here are some effective solutions to resolve the problem:
Step 1: Update Windows to the Latest Version
The initial step to address the Valorant download issue is to ensure that your Windows operating system is up to date. Follow these simple steps to update Windows:
- Use the Windows search bar to find “Check for updates.”
- Select “Download & Install” to update Windows.
- Attempt to download or update Valorant once again.
Note: Valorant no longer supports outdated versions of Windows 10. If you’re using an older version, it’s necessary to update it to play the game (source: Valorant Support).
Step 2: Uninstall AVG or Avast Antivirus
Certain antivirus programs, such as AVG or Avast, can interfere with the Valorant download or update process. Uninstalling these programs can potentially resolve the issue. Follow these steps to uninstall AVG or Avast:
- Open the Control Panel and navigate to Programs > Uninstall a program.
- Locate AVG or Avast from the list and select “Uninstall.”
Step 3: Terminate MSI Afterburner, RivaTuner, and Discord Processes
If you have any third-party software like MSI Afterburner, RivaTuner, or Discord running on your system, they might be causing the Valorant download to get stuck at 0%. To resolve this, follow these steps:
- Open the task manager by pressing CTRL + ALT + DEL on your keyboard.
- Switch to the “Processes” tab.
- Right-click on MSI Afterburner, RivaTuner, and Discord processes, then select “End Task.”
Step 4: Delete VGC and VGK using Command Prompt
If none of the previous fixes work, deleting VGC and VGK via Command Prompt (CMD) might resolve the issue. Follow these steps:
- Use the Windows search bar to find “CMD.”
- Open the command prompt as an administrator.
- Type “sc delete vgc” and press enter.
- Type “sc delete vgk” and press enter.
- Restart your PC.
- Open File Explorer and navigate to This PC > C: Drive > Program Files > Riot Vanguard, then delete the folder.
- Launch Valorant and attempt to download or update the game once again.
By following these troubleshooting steps, you should be able to resolve the Valorant download stuck at 0% issue and enjoy a seamless gaming experience. Remember to always keep your system and software up to date to avoid any potential conflicts. Happy gaming!